Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Drop-kicking The Bucket - December 15, 2014

Howdy Howdy my Family and Friends!!

This is my last e-mail as a set apart missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! It is SO crazy! AH! I'm not going to lie though, I had one heck of a last week, and the most non and less-active members of my entire MISSION show up to church on my last Sunday! :D

God is IN the details, and tenacity really pays off! Sister Clark and I were able to accomplish all of our goals for the transfer, and one of them (which we have been praying about for the last 6 weeks!!!) was to find a family to teach, and we met them this past Tuesday! :D It was AMAZING! They literally JUST moved into town, and they are so sweet. A young couple (younger than me! ...my missionary 'death' is making me feel old, and... man, I'm just feeling old haha) with 2 beautiful little girls! Anyway, they are wonderful, and I'm sad I won't get to teach them much, but I'm really grateful that God knows each of us and His timing is perfect! :D  

Saying "goodbye"/ "see you later" has been surprisingly not too difficult! I mean, I've definitely shed a few tears, bearing my testimony last week, during my talk this week, and talking with some of the members about occasions that will unite us again. But, it's nice to be confident in God and His timing and to know that there are many ways to keep in touch in the world today.

I am just so incredibly grateful for the time I've been able to spend here in Childress! On a member's wall this week I saw a cute little sign that said:
"Home is having a place to stay, Family is having someone to love, and having both is a blessing."
I loved that so much, and something that I've really been able to experience here on my mission is the truth of those few words! In a lot of ways I feel like I'm leaving "home" just because my heart has just grown so much here! And, these amazing people really have become family to me...

Through a lot of tearful goodbyes I've been reflecting on the pros and cons of loving people... just because it's so darn hard when you leave them, and agh... there has to be something easier right? haha, well, you all know that John is my favorite, so this came to my mind:

John 15: 9-10 "As the Father hath loved me so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love."

I know that we love Him because He first loved us (1 John 4:19), and loving God allows us to grow in love for one another. President Uctdorf taught: "There are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings." And I really believe that, our time is short here on this earth, shorter than any of us can imagine, and I am just so eternally grateful for the hope and joy and love that we get to experience! And that these experiences prepare us for the even greater things to come.

I love God, I love my family, and I love having more than just one place to call home. I love the opportunities we get to grow with each other, and I'm grateful for God's perfect timing!

I'm sad to leave my home in Texas, but I'm grateful, so, so, soooo grateful to have my family to go home to also. :)

With all my heart,
Sister Heather Ann Lagrosa

Pictures:
1- My last basketball with my lady bobcats this morning!
2- This is where the Texas Chain Saw Massacre happened!
3- Gas is OVER a dollar less than when I got here 4 1/2 months ago!
4- Sister Clark and I in our matching sweaters with our best friend necklaces!
5- Me and 'Lil Wayne (he thinks he could beat me up if he wanted to)
6- Hospital burritos!
7- You know you're in Texas when...
8- Nothing says comp unity like PINEAPPLE PANTS! #ilovesisterclark!!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment