Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 3 of the MTC

Hi Family!!!
So our district (our class basically) has 10 missionaries who are ALL going to Lubbock! Also there is another district next door to us with another 10, so in total there are 11 Sisters and 9 Elders departing the MTC on Monday the 17th!! We already received our travel plans, and we are leaving here at 4:30 in the morning!!! Arriving in Lubbock at 4:30.
Since we only have 30 minutes to e-mail here, I'm going to try and keep this short, also, I don't think we can upload photos yet... but I'm out of here soon, so you'll get some!!
First thing first though, wow, getting dropped off!!! Eliza, drove me down and Jen and Steph (aka ginger bear) met up with us for my final minutes of pre-MTC-ness. It was a whirlwind that night, everything went so fast I found myself forgetting to take a breath. After getting a brand spankin' new black name tag, I went to drop off my luggage, literally we just dropped it in the room, and went to the classroom to meet our teachers and our companions. My companion is Sister Bradford, a wonderful 20-year old UT grown Aggie (USU) from up north, and she is SOOOO GREAT! We are really different, she's quiet, more reserved, etc. but, wow is her faith BRIGHT! She is a hard worker, and I've felt over the past few days that it's difficult for her to feel discouraged, she is so strong and it's really amazing to be with her all the time.
Our days are jam-packed here, I love how perfectly they are scheduled, but I feel so rushed, and my heart is just aching to be in the mission field! Classes are amazing, and it's interesting to be back in them since I've graduated. The BEST part about classes is that it's more apparent to me more and more every hour my purpose as a missionary!
I'm inviting people to come unto Christ. How great is that?
The gospel is so simple, and it is testified to me over and over again here that Heavenly Father loves ALL of his children all that He wants for us is eternal happiness.
I'll have to admit though, my multiple inadequacies and shortcomings are MORE than apparent here. I've had to really rel on the power and strength of Heavenly Father and my calling to keep me from getting too discouraged. Sadly our first lesson was like a train wreck in slow motion.
But it's the little things that help us pull through. I've run into both of the Sumsion Sisters here (Tabitha and Kelli) and actually had a great conversation with the latter last night. And I've seen so many young sisters from the Brambleton Ward and from my time at BYU. I even ran into some return missionaries (RMs) that are now teachers here (you know they are teachers because they are walking by themselves lol).
I love the Spirit that is here, even though my heart is yearning for Texas. I am trying (and succeeding quite well may I add) at being an exactly obedient missionary (following all of the rules) and reading my Book of Mormon everyday for 30+ minutes! Our branch president gave us those commitments last night.
I love you, and my time is just about up! I want to share one more thing with you before I go though.
One of my teachers, Sister Metzger shared this scripture with us
D&C 100:1 "Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you, my [friend Sister Lagrosa], your families are well; they are in mine hands, and I will do with them as seemeth me good; for in me there is all power."
I know Heavenly Father is with you, and I know that you all are blessed.
Love Always,
Sister Lagrosa
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment