Monday, August 12, 2013

"We do alotta cussin' here...." - August 12, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

Sooo, this was most definitely an exciting week! 
 
As you know we've been doing a LOT of knocking the past couple of months, and while that totally HAS been awesome, and we've been able to talk to quite a few people, and we've had some interesting people tell us to go away, this week we had two of the FUNNIEST experiences from knocking.
 
#1 We knocked and a man answered and asked who we were:
"Well, we're missionaries from the Church of ..."
"Not, interested, we do alotta cussin here."
And closed the door.
 
#2 We were talking to a nice woman on her porch and she went inside after saying "Just a second..."
and then her brother comes out, followed by different girl with a guitar.
She's playing something, and says "Hey! ... I'm a Mormon."
... maybe you had to be there for it to be funny, but it was. I promise lol.
But yeah, anyway, more awesomeness from this past week! Our trio traveled to Lubbock because Sister Johnson is a Sister Training Leader (over all the Sister's in the NM part of the mission) and she had a meeting to attend, so Sister Hoover and I were able to work with some of the Sister's in Lubbock while the meeting was going! It was really amazing, and I know that it reignited that excitement we need out here in Dexter! We had some awesome memories of our first night here because we came in with another dust storm... but instead of cleaning our dust-filled house (because it wasn't filled with dust) we were able to talk with some of our Methodist friends about the Family Proclamation !! :)
 
(Also, going to Lubbock meant I FINALLY GOT MY BIKE!!! It's been ALL over the STATE OF TEXAS AND NEW MEXICO, but It's here! :D)
 
Also, this week what has stood out to me so much is just the simplicity of our message. How literally EVERYTHING we teach is centered on Jesus Christ. From personal study this week, to the few lessons we were privileged to teach, to the talks about family on Sunday during sacrament meeting, and our conversation with some of our Methodist friends (during the dust storm we came back in), everything testifies of Jesus Christ, and He is the answer to all of our problems. There truly is SO much joy to be found in the gospel!
 
There was a lot of talk about family this week, and when we were chatting with our Methodist friends about the family proclamation, naturally the subject of how often we get to talk with our families came up. I felt so much love and appreciation for my family, because it really is hard to not talk with them like we used to (and I mean, let's be honest I'm pretty great to talk to right? :D jk). But, I know with all of my heart that Heavenly Father loves us so much, and He gives us comfort most especially in the times we need it most. And I know I'm blessed with this love I get to remember and feel every day when I think about the ones I've left for this short time while I"m out here serving Him.

I love you!
~Sister Lagrosa

Pictures and fun facts!:
1- There is SO MUCH CORN here! And we learned this week that it is almost ALL exclusively used to feed the cows at the dairies!
2- BEAUTIFUL NEW MEXICO! (the not flat part of it :P)
3- MY PURPLE BIKE!
 
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment