Monday, December 16, 2013

"You Can't Out-give God." - December 16, 2013

Howdy family and friends!
 
I was thinking about the 12 days of Christmas, and I wanted to think about my mission-thus far in numbers, and I only got to 8-- buuuut, it's really fun, so I wanted to share! :D
 
1st- companionship in the field (just me and Sister Plante!)
also, only 1 year left! My time is running short!
2nd- new area opened!
3rd- STL (sister trainer leader) companion
4th- Area!
5th- Transfer
6th- month in the field!
7th- companion in the field
8th- companion since the MTC
 
...maybe one day I'll make a song :P
 
Also, fun fact of the week: Salsa Valentina (Mexican Hot Sauce) is like my new favorite thing to put on everything! And believe it or not, Sister Plante and I both love cottage cheese and salsa (which is even better with Valentina on it :P).
 
And Sister Plante and I spray painted a Christmas tree onto the box our dresser came in! Cute right? :D
 
So this past week was epically awesome! I've kind of felt like I'm in an episode of the district because of just how much we are going ALL the time! While mission life isn't perfect, there's just always so much work to do! Last night I fell asleep around 10 before I could even change as I was trying to read a talk! ...lucky for my skirt, Sister Plante kindly woke me up when she asked if I wanted the light off haha.
 
But we've been seeing miracles every day here! Especially as we have been out riding our bikes! It was way cold and rainy on Thursday, but we went out, and our ward members really do LOVE seeing us riding around and getting to work!
 
Also, we were really blessed to have the opportunity to find a kid, Javier. Who recently came upon some bad luck, but he has SO much hope, and desire to know his Savior better as he's piecing his life back together, it's so inspiring! We talked with him about Job, and how our trials aren't meant to keep us from the Lord but to bring us closer to Him, and how nothing can separate us from His love. We met up with him at the library the next day and talked more about how we can help him spiritually, and he really wants to come closer to Christ. When we were telling him about the Book of Mormon, and talking with him about baptism, he really quickly understood, that the promise we make at baptism goes 2 ways, and that Heavenly Father really does help us more after we have entered into that covenant with Him.
 
Another miracle we saw this week was in the good 'ol town of Lovington! There is a kid there, J, who hasn't yet been baptized, but he is already sharing the gospel with his family and friends! He asked us to bring him copies of the Book of Mormon so he could give them to his teachers for Christmas, since it is another testament of our Savior Jesus Christ! We could just see his hunger to learn more spiritually, and just grow, and help other know their Savior better as well! It was so amazing!
 
I wish I could go on and on, but my time is far spent! I love you all, and I hope you can remember, especially during this time of the year to show love to all those around you. I know traveling from place to place is crazy, but I also know that as we look at our fellow travelers as Heavenly Father would, we can have more peace amongst the stress.
 
1 John 4:7-9
 
I love you all!
Love Sister Lagrosa! :)
 
Pictures:
1- Pumpkin Shakes!
2- District Christmas Card Picture! :P
 
 


1- Salsa Valentina!
2- Mission Gormet! Beans and papas in a green pepper! :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment