Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bringin' in the New Year! - January 6th, 2014

A big hello from chilly New Mexico!!
 
It's a nice solid 20 degrees outside today! I was thinking how that's about a 90 degree difference from when I got here 6 months ago! I hope everyone's new year came in well! Ours sure did! We had a really great week, and the new year brought in a little bit of change lol.
 
We had exchanges this week, so my fearless STL companion went off with Sister Hall (the other STL over here), and left me and Sister Muaina to work in Hobbs! It was a little strange not being around her for a couple days, but it was really fun, and, as always, we met some AMAZING people on bike day! :D
 
Sister Plante and I were reunited on Friday evening, and we had some amazing lessons we were able to teach. It's been such a blessing to be welcomed into people's homes with smiles, where we could sit down and have a really spiritual gospel discussion, and people have questions for us! It really is the best to be able to have answers to questions like: Where did we come from? Why are we here? and Where are we going after we die? I've really found, it reaffirmed to me again, that even if we do have some differing ideas about some points on religion with others, as long as we are both searching for truth and not fault (both us as missionaries, and the kind people that desire to speak with us), then we are able to have the best, and most uplifting conversations as we talk about the gospel.
 
Saturday morning-bright and early at 9 am-brought us great joy, as we attended the baptism of Emily and Evie! :) It was SO great to see Emily make it into the water, and back out again without any fear! She also humbled our fearless district leader- Elder Webb- after her interview when he suggested a closing prayer, she said "yeah, we should probably kneel for this one." :)
 
It's so true, kneeling prayers are the best ones! That's something I've actually been working on lately-- I found a very insightful message from my old self in the margins of my scriptures a bit earlier, which said "as you become casual in your scripture study, you become casual in your relationship with your Heavenly Father."
I humbled myself reading those words, and recognized that I really do need to continue to pray with intention. We pray a lot as missionaries, and just like in other relationships, when you get used to someone, sometimes you take them for granted. That's something I know I can't do with my prayers to Heavenly Father, because He knows the best path I need to be on, and He wants to guide me! So I've got to continue to not be casual in my relationship with Him as I pray, and as I search the words of the prophets, which testify of my Savior, in the scriptures.
 
It's good to know I'm starting 2014 off right! And right where I need to be! :) (It's so hard to believe that this time next year I'm going to not be a missionary anymore! I feel like time's running out so fast!)
 
I love you all, and I hope that you are starting off the new year well!
 
All my love,
Sister Lagrosa
 
 
pictures:
1- Emily and Evie's baptism!
2- Me and Sister Plante in front of the Hobbs,NM sign! :)
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment