Wednesday, March 19, 2014

"I will always remember you." - March 17, 2014

Howdy family and friends!
 
It's so weird, I've just finished up my half-way mark! ...I only have half my mission left... time is flying faster now than it ever did in college!
 
But, life is wonderful, and you know how I do to try and switch things up/ keep things fun, sooo here's some fun facts for the week!
1- Being on your 8th 40oz jar of peanutbutter in your 7th transfer is not the best idea
2- If you move your "couch" into the kitchen, you can have your front room be a dance studio! (one of the perks of owning basically no furniture in a new missionary apartment) :D
3- Smiling is the best. Everyone should do it more!
4- If you want to make sure Elders eat salad, you need to make it for them. (see pictures below)
 
So it was basically an amazing week... I feel like I say this every week (because it's true), but, I don't know, something feels just totally different this week.... maybe it's my impending death from my missionary service, but I just feel really humble and joyful today... extra grateful that I'm a missionary!
 
We've been focusing a lot on the Atonement lately mission-wide... I mean it is the central part of our message we share as full-time servants of the Lord, but we've just really been trying to think about it simply... which many of you may know -between my ADD and anxious inclinations- isn't exactly my forte on the though front. However, it really, truly has been a wonderful experience really reflecting on that more this week, and as they usually do, things came together during the last hour of church on Sunday.
 
We were talking about the importance of taking the sacrament (the bread and the water) each week, and the necessity of receiving that ordinance, and remembering the promises that we make with God the Father and Jesus Christ, and the blessings that we are promised in return. The lesson was taken out of the "Teachings of the Prophets Joseph Felding Smith" manual, and This is a quote from it: (Italics added)

"I am sure if we could picture before us--as I have tried many times to do--the solemn occasion when the Savior met with his apostles; if we could see them there assembled, the Lord in his sadness, sorrowing for the sins of the world, sorrowing for one of his apostles who was to betray him, yet teaching these eleven men who loved him and making covenant with them, I am sure we would feel in our hearts that we would never forsake him. If we could see them there assembled and could realize the weight of the burden which was upon our Lord; and after their supper and the singing of an hymn, their going forth, the Lord to be betrayed, mocked and scorned, the disciples to forsake him in the deepest hour of his trial--if we could understand all this, feebly though it be, and feebly it must be, I am sure, my brethren and sisters, we would forever more want to walk in the light of truth. If we could see the Savior of men suffering in the garden and upon the cross and could fully realize all that it meant to us, we would desire to keep his commandments and we  would love the Lord our God with all our heart, with all our might, mind and strength, and in the name of Jesus Christ would serve Him."
 
She then our teacher shared a story of a man who fell while rock climbing--saved only feet from crashing into the ground--which made me feel the shallow depths of my mortality. As the teacher asked the question: What do you think this man said to his friend? I thought about an occasion in which I was able to embrace my friend after understanding how she had saved my life...
The words: "I will always remember you." pulled me from that memory, and sitting there in that room I felt a huge sense of love and introspection. It is truly amazing to think of that debt we owe to our Savior, and all He asks of us is to remember Him, and let that remembrance of His sacrifice show in our lives. I know with all of my heart that He saved us. He saved you. He saved me. The gospel is the good news that testifies of this simple truth, He loves each and every one of us perfectly, and He invites all to come unto Him and learn of Him. I'm blessed to be out here sharing the fullness of His restored gospel here on the earth today, and I know, that the gospel is the only source of eternal, lasting happiness through life on earth and in our time to come.
 
2 Nephi 26:33
 
I love you all! And I hope you have an amazing week!
 
All my heart,
Sister Heather Ann Lagrosa
 
Pictures!
1- Sister Muaina and I making lunch on Friday
2- One of the Spanish elders said he hadn't had a salad in 7 months... so when they picked up our elders who were  kind enough to drop off the car,we made them salads, and gave our elders burritos :) ...they're the best!
3- We love puppies. A lot. This is Zorro! <3
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment