Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"I'm sharing my soul in the words that I speak, with the love that has made me this way..." - March 24, 2014

Howdy Howdy Family and Friends!
 
Whew, was it just me or did this week fly by? Well, you know they same time flies when you are having fun!
 
I've been particularly grateful this week for the necessities in life that are duct tape and vacuums.... we've been having some major ant problems with the warm weather coming in, and we've been plugging some holes with duct tape, and sucking up a lot of ants with our vacuum... I'm also really grateful that I have an amazing companion who is very neat and tidy. :)
 
Aside from the ants, the theme of the week has definitely been love! :D The topic of missionary work has been pretty popular since the age change almost 18 months ago, and it's been something we, as missionaries are talking about a lot with the members. Since we all love object lessons that involve food, we likened the gospel to a plate of freshly baked cookies-- representing the goodness and blessings that come from living the gospel. :) And generally just anyone you are interacting with if they see you eating cookies, and even if you explain to them how delicious they are -- they aren't going to ask you if they can have one... unless they are really starving. But let's be honest, the greater percentage of individuals we interact with aren't starving, generally, we are all pretty well fed. But these gospel cookies are so good! So if we want other people to enjoy the goodness of the gospel that we enjoy, we need to invite them to learn more!
 
This can be kind of a scary thing... because sometimes people won't accept our offerings... and the gospel, when you're truly converted is more than just a cookie, it's like part of your soul. How much of that can you try and give and have people reject you? So there is a dilemma there...
 
So where does love come in?
2 Nephi 26:25 (this is Nephi quoting Isaiah): "Behold doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price."
 
We know that Christ is the living bread and the living water, John Chapter 6 has been one of my favorites lately describing that. He asks us to come unto Him, so that we may be filled, without money, without price. You see, He knows that that our worth is great-immeasurable even, and Christ knows how to love perfectly, as our Heavenly Father loves us perfectly, that is why He already trod the path for us... this is the reason why He came to earth, because of God's love for us.
 
The entire message of the restoration of the fullness of Christ's gospel on the earth starts with that simple truth, that God is our loving Heavenly Father. He knows each and every one of us perfectly, and He knows exactly what we need, and the gospel blesses individuals and families. In the very least the gospel can change one person's heart to love more profoundly, those around them... in it's fullness through the restored power of the priesthood, it can bind families together forever, never again to be separated by death or affliction...
 
This message has changed the lives of many, I know it's the reason I'm out here in dusty New Mexico, wearing a skirt every day, sharing my soul with strangers, with family, with friends... because I know that this work is all about His love. My life, your life, this life we endure here on earth is all about learning His love, having faith in His plan, and helping each other make it back to Him... Christ already provided the way, He gave His all in perfect measure, and asks us only to come to Him, have faith in Him, study the words of His prophets, pray to the Father in His name, diligently seek for truth so that we may know for ourselves that He is our Savior, and that we need to follow His perfect example---He'll help us through.
 
I've never been so excited to be a missionary, and my faith has never been tried so much on an hourly bases... I've never felt such painful heartbreak from people that ignore or deride us, from people not searching for truth or even from just a lack of understanding... or from those who aren't willing to make the sacrifices necessary to build their relationship with God, and help those around them to also... Nevertheless, I know I've never had so great a joy being able to be in the right place at the right time, or meeting people who are looking for truth, who do recognize the Lord's hand, and do all they can, without shame to stand a witness of Jesus Christ in the simple actions of their daily lives.
 
I'm sorry for the lack of flow this week, but I hope everyone who does have the opportunity to read this e-mail this week can take some time to remember the love that they have received, the second chances they've been given, and the power from Whom that has come from. I know you can find the time, and I know that God's love is endless, as we learn to feel His love for those around us, ours can slowly increase as well.
 
I love you all, and don't forget to smile! (It is the best ;P)
 
All my heart,
Sister Lagrosa
 
 
Pictures:
1- Another one of my best friends! My face looks almost as happy as missionary work feels :)
2&3- The Flawless Foursome :P
 
 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment