Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fantastical Daze


So I'm really excited for a few reasons:
     1) I'm having a Black and White PARTY on FRIDAY NIGHT (and I made sick-nasty AWESOME flyers :D)
     2) I'm adding Philosophy and English as minors!
     3) Intramural basketball season starts in two days!
     4) I'm LOVING MY CLASSES 
     5) I'm LOVING MY ROOMIESSS
     6) I love college :)
     7) Elder Anderson spoke today at devotional, and it was fantastic
     8) Life is hard but its way enjoyable.

Anyway yeah, good things are happening. I wanted to also share a bit of my ENGL 220 class with everyone (we're writing memoir pieces... so I'm trying to make my dull life seem interesting) and here is a short, complete bit that I'm actually pretty proud of... it's one of my only memories of childhood that are complete. Enjoy:

I was so excited to have a new chessboard! But concern was terribly concerned about three moves into the fifth game I’ve ever played. It was against my dad, I knew I couldn’t win, and yet I was bound and determined to try... one day, with practice, one day I’ll get the best of him.
Feeling excited for the journey between beginning and my unavoidable defeat, I pushed away the yearning of a few too many beverages from dinner to be released.
Five moves later. Complete concentration.
Five more moves later... oh crap!
“Uhm dad, I’ve gotta go to the bathroom.” I barely make it down the hall, and into the bathroom when while I’m pulling down my pants I pee all over myself. Crap. Crap. Crap. Not only am I losing this chess game, but there is no reason for me to sneak upstairs to change my pants and return to it!
A couple of minutes later my dad calls to me “Is everything okay?”
“Actually... I wet my pants...”



... and this is what I do with my life... oh yeah, and I study and stuff too... okay, I study A LOT, but whaterrr, I love it! :P

God is great, life is good and people are crazy!
The Church is True

<3 Heather
p.s. only 321 days until I can start my mission papers!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment