Saturday, October 8, 2011

24 hours in Chi-town

     So I decided to get out of Provo for a bit and go visit my father in Chicago for about 24 hours. I had to bring him some clothes (from wondeful people in my ward) to send to the Philippines to Villapaz for the children there, and stock up on the ever so lovely Filipino Tang that many of y'all know and love. :)

    Being the college kid that I am, I only got about 4 hours of sleep this morning before I woke up to take my weekly shower (jk) and wash the hot glittery mess that I call my hairs (not kidding!), then grab my 2 bags to check, little backpack to carry on, and have roomie prayer before Mo drove me to good 'ol SLC airport :). So, like usual, I was planning on just sleeping like a dead person on the 3hr plane ride to O'Hare (usually I'm in level 4 before we leave the tarmac), and then just be rested and like such as.

     But after getting the LAST seat on the plane (I was flyng standby :D) I was delightfully surprised when I found myself sitting next to a rather awesomely large Italian man named Mark and we chatted for the entire flight! As many people are, he was surprised in my interest in older music (like such as Styx, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Foreigner, Van Halen, the Eagles etc.) He was headed home from a business trip a bit earlier than he expected (also on standby) and it was pure crazy awesome chance we had the opportunity to meet on the plane. Sweet right?? For reals, I LOVE airports, and traveling and plane rides and gah! Soooo cool!

     Anyways, after the awesome plane ride, little 'ol tired me got the two bags i'd checked for my 24 hours here and my father picked me up! We stopped by a family party, ate food, and also shopped for a bit (obtaining Filipino tang (at a store where, since they're Filipino the fed us) and other sundry items :D) and then took the shortest nap ever (oh right after eating some adobo), and then we lest to go to a dancing lovers club benefit. There were over 200 (main Filipino) people who all just dig dancing, and we did all the classic ballroom and latin stuff. Some of them were super AWESOMEEE and even got me to dance well when the led me :P

     11 hours in and it's been absloutely fantastic. :) I'm wicked tired, but I'm living Ke$ha's life right now! (I'm sleepin on a couch tonight!)
          [Reference for anyone who doesn't know: Crazy Beautiful Life by Ke$ha C:]

God is great, life is good, and people are crazy!
The Church is true!

<3 Heather

P.s. 296 days til I can get them mish papers started!


No comments:

Post a Comment