Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice!" - March 31, 2014

Dearest Family and Friends,
 
This was really one of the most exciting weekends of my life! And the week attached to it was pretty amazing too. :) But wow... I don't even know where to begin!
 
Blessings of Being a missionary this week:
#1 Sometimes knocking on the wrong door is knocking on the right one!
#2 There is truth to be found!
#3 Following the Lord's timetable is the ONLY way to go.
 
Okay, so we have a couple investigators right now who we met because we knocked on the wrong door, for two very different reasons. I think it's amazing that there are people who we get to meet in real life completely by accidental circumstance, and later we say "Oh yeah, that was God's hand for sure!" But as missionaries, we're in this one mindset, and those who are willing to receive us generally do recognize us more readily as instruments in His hands, and amazingly we have the opportunity to recognize them as blessings in our lives as well. Just carrying the name of Christ on our badges is one part, but really being able to take the time every day to carry His name in our countenances every day helps us to further the Lord's work, and appreciate all of His wonderful children we are blessed to interact with each day.
 
The quote of the week comes from one of the most sincere people I've ever had the privilege of speaking with, who we came into contact with this week. She said: "I don't want to be one of those people who doesn't see the truth when it's standing right in front of them! Like, I don't want to get up to Heaven and have God tell me 'Hey I sent them by to knock on your door like once a year!'" Oh man, that was good to hear, it was interesting too, as I reflected on reaffirming my faith, and always studying with a question to be answered. I know we can always learn more, and our faith can always be built upon!
 
My testimony of following the Lord's timetable has just grown and grown it seems the more I think about it. The Women's broadcast that we got to hear Saturday night was amazing, and I got a little misty while we were singing "Teach Me to Walk in the Light."  I just remembered the beginning of this journey I'm on, and that day that I was baptized, and my awesome seminary class sang my favorite hymn, which at the time I didn't even know was a primary song (that all the little kids learned). It reminded me of Christ's instruction to become as little children, or we cannot be saved in the Kingdom of God. We are all learning each day to walk in the light, now that is a gift.
 
In addition to the spiritual uplifting that came from the women's broadcast, and looking forward to General Conference this coming weekend, I really loved church this Sunday. We had Ward conference, so we were able to hear from some of the local leaders here in New Mexico, and it was wonderful. Our theme for the year is "Hastening the Lord's work" and I just felt so impressed by the talks that were shared that the time is now to reach out, and start realizing our capacity to love our neighbors and share the restored gospel... not only with those who have not heard about it, but also to those in our ward families who have fallen away from it, for whatever reason it is. This is the Lord's work, and it's all about "we", not "I". We have a great work to do! We cannot love each other without in some way realizing that we are each loved children of a perfect Heavenly Father, and we are able to do this work together! No matter what busy schedules, what unexpected distractions, the Lord will provide a way for His work to get done, and now is the time that His work is hastening! We can work together, and we can love each other more, and better!
 
Doesn't that feel good?
 
I know it can happen. :) By small and simple steps great things come to pass.
 
Oh man I wish there was more time in the world! But I hope you all get an opportunity this week to reach out in love to your neighbors, not just the ones that live next door, but especially the ones that are your brothers and sisters all around you, and don't forget the family you live with too! ;)
 
I'm really looking forward to General Conference this weekend! I know that as we bring questions to these inspired meetings we will receive answers, just as we do when we bring questions to the scriptures.
 
I love you all, and I hope you have an amazing week.
 
All my heart,
Sister Lagrosa
 
1- Awesome tan lines from walking outside. :)
2- Me and my awesome friend who shaved my head :)
3- Us and Pat, one of the best wrong doors we ever knocked. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment