Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Open mic Sunday! Woot-woot! - July 7, 2014

Howdy howdy family and friends!!

So this week was most excellent!
We had a fun p-day last Monday, and had the other Midland Sisters over to write letters and we made them lunch, and we decided we should take some awesome pictures! :)
As you can see I got some big glasses on! I really missed Sister Kramer when we passed a lot of candy at Wal-Mart, and so I decided to get some big hipster glasses... little did I know it'd be the best 5 bucks I've spent in a long time! (see below)
We got to meet the new Mission President and his wife! This is me with Sister Heap, and we TOTALLY have matching glasses! :D haha
The Zone conference we had was amazing, really and truly, we all learned a lot, and even though it was sad to say goodbye to the Augustins, welcoming in President and Sister Heap was really amazing, and we are all going to learn a lot from each other this next little bit. :)

A huge blessing this week came in the form of a new investigator named Jackie, who is a YSA (young single adult) that the 3rd Sisters found and said that I would be perfect for! (not Jacy-- as far as I know but, this was exciting news indeed :P) We had a surprise bike-sprint all the way across Midland to her lesson, but it was so worth it, and her journey to meeting us is an amazing story! But, what stood out to me in our lesson as we spoke with her, is that she is totally searching for TRUTH! And she's talking to us, because she really does want to strengthen her relationship with God. She thought it was interesting that while we believe the scriptures (Bible and Book of Mormon, etc.) to be the word of God, we know that they were written by imperfect men, so there are imperfections in there that are mistakes of men and not of God. The Spirit was so strong in her lesson, especially when we were testifying to her that we as missionaries don't do the converting at all, but it's the Holy Spirit that testifies of truth to us. We read in 1 Corinthians 2, and as we discussed the Book of Mormon, we referenced Mormon 8, while we were talking about how the authors (prophets) in there did not claim to be perfect men either. This lesson was so amazing, and the joy that was there with the Spirit was undeniable, and unforgettable.

This leads me to the title, and close of my e-mail today, I had the opportunity to bear my testimony yesterday during testimony meeting (and I gave a small shout-out to Rickey, who was baptized when I was in 3rd ward last year), because he always says "The church is true woot-woot!" And it's true, the fullness of Jesus Christ's gospel is on the earth today! There is SO much to be excited and joyful about!
 
Mosiah 2:41

I love you all! Keep searching for truth and joy, it's out there... more than you can imagine. I experience that fact every day.


With all my heart,
Sister Heather Ann Lagrosa
p.s. classic bike-day pump-jack picture. :D Go team!

No comments:

Post a Comment