Thursday, November 20, 2014

So much love! - November 10, 2015


Howdy howdy family and friends!

Wow, transfer week has been so incredibly FAST!!! After making sure Sister Carroll got to say goodbye to almost everyone in Childress (you really get to know a lot of people in 6 months!) We drove to Amarillo and I got my new companion Sister Clark late Tuesday night. And thus commenced the last 6 weeks of my missionary life! 

Also, fun fact about Childress: Our population is a little over 6,000 people, but 2,000 of them are inmates at the prison!!!! Don't worry, we aren't allowed to proselyte there. :P

We've been running every morning, and it's the BEST! :D With the daylight savings time, we have light again in the mornings, and we get to go out to those country roads! :D <3 <3 :D also, two of our young women are on the basketball team (GO BOBCATS!) and we shoot with them for a little bit 3 mornings a week now! Because they practice after seminary, and before school starts! :) It's the best because I've not been able to shoot a basketball without incredible pain in about 19 months because of my pinched nerve! So life is so good, we're training for our Thanksgiving 5K on my birthday! :) 

The very first thing we got to do as a companionship was go to a neighboring town, Quanah, and give some service at the hospital there, and with Thanksgiving coming up, they were really excited to have us help out in the kitchen! So I'm going to have the best Thanksgiving ever because we'll probably be doing a few hours of service helping to feed some of the people of Quanah! :) Also, I get to wear my chef coat from my bakery days! (I may have impressed Wendy, the head dietary consultant at the hospital with my bakery resume experience. :P) But, yessss, missionary work is so much fun, and we have some amazing, big goals for the transfer ahead of us! On Sunday, Sister Clark and I were called twins! haha, we're both kinda short, with really dark hair! :P 

So, to get some kind of order in this e-mail, I'll get to some of the actual WORK, work we've been doing. There have been so many ups and downs with the people we have been blessed to teach the past few weeks, but we are super SUPER excited for Scottie-boy (the Nephew of Danny-boy). He came to church on Sunday and announced that he will be getting baptized on the 23rd. He has grown SO much since we met him back in August! And, I'm super excited for everything he's going to do to help those around him here in Childress, and just in life. I think the biggest change I've seen is the perspective change he's seen as he's watched Danny change, and just seen it not just last, but also, has seen him progress, and become even stronger!

I think that's one of the biggest things that I've learned out here, and I've seen change in myself too, doing things on the Lord's time, and in His way, with His authority creates LASTING change.
1 Corinthians 15:10 "But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me."
It's interesting how much I've learned about grace out here, it's not just a once and done revelation or epiphany, but it's continual growth, change and increase. As we become stronger, we can grow and do more, as we grow and do more, we become stronger! Don't you love how the gospel works? :)

With all of my heart,
Sister Heather Ann Lagrosa

 
Pictures! (there's gonna be A LOT of these happening this last little bit! :D)
 
1- Sister Clark and I and Danny-boy, he got her hard-boiled eggs from the store as a good redneck welcome to Childress! :P
2- Our first new companionship picture!
3- My last little buzz before I go back! O_O
4- It was David's birthday this week, and since Sister Clark is Italian, and David adopted me as his sister, we had to get a family pic. :P
5- My FAVORITE puppy ever Chiquita. <3
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment