Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Chapter 13: Living in gratitude! - November 3, 2014

Howdy howdy my beautiful family and friends!

So, it came to pass that transfer calls were called, and Sister Lagrosa is finishing out the last days of her mission in Sweet, Sweet Childress Texas! :) Sadly though, I will not be ending it with my sweet, sweet Sister Carroll, she's moving off to Abeline. But my 15th (and hopefully final) companion will be Sister Clark! She's a big 'ol ball of energy, so it'll be a great last 6 weeks.

There's really so much to write about, it's hard to even know where to start! The highlight of the week was that we had our mission tour, and Elder Pino (of the Quorum of the 70) came, with his wife and they, in addition to President and Sister Heap addressed to us. It. Was. AMAZING!! The struggle is real in this world, like mental, physical, emotional and spiritual roller coasters that make you a little motion sick. I've been searching for some answers to questions I'm not really sure of... you know what I'm saying? Anyway, it really just spoke right to my heart, and I am so grateful to be able to be taught by the Spirit! When you teach by the Spirit, it's like one of those memory foam mattresses, one mattress will be perfect for anyone, but it is only because it takes shape to their needs. Heavenly Father's plan really is perfect... even if analogies aren't ;)

My testimony that Heavenly Father really DOES answer prayers was reaffirmed this week, with learning from the mission tour, receiving priesthood blessings, and hearing the testimonies of members of our branch, I've just felt so much of Heavenly Father's love, not only for me, but the love that He has for all of His children. It's sobering, as we take a step back from all of the intricate details of life to see how truly amazing the big picture is that Heavenly Father has created for us, He really is in everything, and I just feel SO blessed to not just know it, but to experience it.

I've been going through an incredible process of humbling lately, and I can't help but chuckle a little inside, because looking back at my mission, it's been a fun ride, I'm glad to be here, and to be experiencing so much of the gospel while I, as unqualified as I am, am teaching it. The Gospel is simple, and it's true! Heavenly Father is so good to His children, and he speaks to us all the time, it's up to us to choose to listen.

I was reading in 2 Nephi 4:15-19 this morning:
 15 And upon these I write the things of my soul, and many of the scriptures which are engraven upon the plates of brass. For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them,and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children.
 16 Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard.
 17 Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord,in showing me his  great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.
 18 I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me.
 19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.

I love the scriptures so much, and I bolded one of my favorite words in the scriptures that Nephi uses. Nephi counts his blessings, and he rejoices in the work God has called him to do, nevertheless, he is still sorrowing because of affliction, nevertheless "I know in whom I have trusted." Affliction is part of this world we live in, however, there is always a "nevertheless" amidst our greatest trials.

With all my heart,
Sister Heather Ann Lagrosa

pictures: 
1- The field is white already to harvest! :D
2- Gotta love mission conferences! :D
3- The best part of Texas, aside from the people ;)
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment