Thursday, November 20, 2014

Walking in a Winter Wonderland​! :D - November 17, 2014

Hello hello family and friends!!

I love you all so much! And boy oh how it has been one heck of a week! :D

We got almost 6 inches of SNOW yesterday (see pictures!) and it was sooooooo great! We didn't have an ice scraper in our little Jeepster, and it was taking way too long to warm up/defrost, AND Sister Clark was speaking (which was great by the way!), so we decided it would be a BRILLIANT idea to just walk to church... it worked out pretty well! Also, a member saw us on our way and made us take a ride haha :P But, we proved a little more of our toughness to our branch, even though they already knew, and we had a lesson right after church in apartments right next to the church. Sadly though they cancelled on us, but got to meet a really nice lady who picked us up while we were walking home and it was coming down HARD. Blessings for tenacity I guess. :P We got to play in it for a minute during our lunch break, we made snow angels, and I drew "mormon.org" on our front lawn with my footsteps! :D We got to go out for the rest of the night, and were encouraged to not drive around, so we got to walk and try to see some people, and it was fun!

Previously in the week we got to do A LOTTT! We drove up to Amarillo on Tuesday for a big missionary meeting, worked in a kitchen at the Quanah hospital on Wednesday for 7 hours prepping for their Thanksgiving that we'll get to serve at in two weeks! We diced 25 stalks of celery, and 20 pounds of onions! As well as made some DELICIOUS banana pudding, and helped serve out lunch for the hospital! :D Also this week, we just had a lot of fun trying to find more people to teach and work with. 

One of the missionaries in our branch is just a couple months out, and he keeps reminding me of how close to death I am (missionary death that is... and for some reason I'm also reminded of how old I am... I'm SO not that old! :P) anyway, I've been thinking about how this last couple months of my mission has been, and how many changes I've seen in me, and the people that I've served around, and just the growth that I've been able to witness.

Even though it's super frustrating sometimes when people aren't committed like you know God wants them to be (myself included...) Heavenly Father is patient, and works with us each individually and on His timetable. It's pretty incredible the number of miracles we get to experience, great and small. From learning truth to getting picked up when that snow is falling harder than ever! God always provides a way, and no matter how weak or feeble we may seem, He just loves us, and allows us to make the choice to come closer to Him. 

Over and over again I keep learning that we cannot compel anyone to be humble or accept God's plan. We need only to invite others to listen, teach with the Spirit, and make sure that I continue to become more converted each day. 

It's pretty fool proof, I guess that's why God trust's us young kids to teach it. :P

With all my heart,
Sister Heather Ann Lagrosa

Pictures:
1- Us freezing a little when we started walking to church :P
2- fun during our lunch break!
3- 5 K Friday in the FREEZING COLD!!!
4- Putting my cook's coat to good use in the Quanah kitchen! :P
5- We have 5 Sister Missionaries in our branch! (3 of them are Sr. Couples serving at the triangle ranch, but it's so fun to have so many name tags at church!)
6- Sister Clark and I got matching shirts for our Thanksgiving 5K we are running! :D
7- We may have worn some matching outfits on accident :P
 



 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment