Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy MOTHER'S DAY!


This is my beautiful mother! (Check out our chins, we are legitly related!) I know this is a day late, but I just wanted to make sure that my mama knows how awesome she is. 

This past year I've learned so much about how great my mother is, and I just wanted to talk about a few of the things that she has blessed me with. (becaussseeee obviously, I would NOT be able to list them all :P)

This past summer I got my wisdom teeth jacked, and she took off some work time to drive me at 6AM to get them taken out! Then for like an ENTIRE week took care of me by makin sure I took my drugs on time, and by making me jello (of the most beautiful varieties of colour), mashed potatoes, my favorite tomato soup, and like and such as. I can't even imagine what it was like for her to take care of me as an infant, but yeah, shes way awesome, and even let me sleep on the armchair in the living room!

Our birthdays are right next to each other, and as I thought that I was going to have alternate thanksgiving plans (right around b-day time that is) she and pops came out to see me in here in UT for a couple of days. They took me out, brought me some groceries, and met the billions of awesome people that I get to call friends. Later, between checking out the bakery where I work, and going back to the airport, she told me "Heather, you have a really great life out here." She was really impressed with the sincerity and love that all of my friends had, and their excitement to meet the parents of one of their friends. And, you know, like I knew that everyone out here is so great beyond comprehension, but like, she made me see that from a different perspective, and realize how blessed my life really truly is. And I know it wouldn't be even close to the same without the perspective of my mother.

One last highlight of some events marking how fantastic my mother is, isn't really an event per say, but its just in the little things that moms do for their kids right? I get cards sometimes for the most random holidays (like such as Valentines day) from my mom, with "I love you" and "miss you babes" in it and it just makes me smile. Also in like every text message (since mom's like "you're too busy! I don't want to interrupt!" [and I'm like you're my mom! You trump everything woman!... but yeah anyways]) my mom never forgets to say I love you, and can't wait to see you soon! :D It's kind of awesome to realize how much you love you parents and how much you truly are loved, loved so much, in return... and yeah. I'm am so so very blessed.

I love you mom! And I can't wait to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment