Monday, October 21, 2013

Chapter 4: Miracles in Monnahans! - October 21, 2013

Hi Family and Friends!

So exciting news, transfer calls came in and I'm packin' up and going to Monnahans! ... It's actually going to be really hard leaving this area, but I know the Lord's vision is broader than mine, and I really do love that town! I feel really blessed that I was able to work there for a day this transfer, and I'm really excited to continue to see the people that I was able to meet there!

I'll be there for at least 6 weeks, and my new companions will be Sister Hymas and Sister Rose! Both of them are awesome, and REALLY tall (especially compared to me) so we're gonna be a funny bunch spreading the gospel! 

The best quotes of this week are:
"How has Jesus changed your life today?" (which was going to be the title of this e-mail if transfers weren't happening.) But Alena, a woman we've not been able to really set up return appointments with said that to us, and it was just the most amazing beginning to talking about how having Christ at the center of your home can bring more peace and joy as a family.

"Where my book at!?!" This was said by JJ! He's a maintenance man we met who asked us for a copy of the Book of Mormon, but then he was sick and we hadn't seen him for a long time! So we were carrying around his book for like 3 weeks, and then we had to give it to someone else, becasue we were out, but we saw him the other day, and we (well, I guess Sister Turner, and the new sisters) are going to start teaching him this week! :D

This week was really great! I was a little sick this week, the weather is definitely getting cooler, and windy-er, but it's still a great time to be a missionary, and I've gotten well just in time for transfers! Miracles that have come to us this week have happened as we've taken members out teaching with us! It's so powerful to hear the amazing people from our congregation come out and testify! It's more meaningful in a way I feel, them not being a missionary, because all we do all day long is share the gospel, and they are "normal" lol, we're kinda weird as missionaries haha.

I'm sorry it's so short this week! But stay tuned for more miracles from Monnahans! :D

All my love,
Sister Lagrosa

Pictures:
1- We went to W's childhood home!
2- Our Goofy District :D
3- Us missionaries and our AMAZING Relief Society Presidency! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment