Monday, November 25, 2013

"An Attitude of Grattitude​!" - November 25, 2013

Howdy Howdy Family and Friends!
 
First things first: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! (it's early, yes, buuuuut I hope it's a good one tomorrow, and everyone else that reads this, totally feel free to blow up her phone and/or facebook with birthday wishes! :D)
 
Also this you should watch this video:
 
It's excerpts from a great talk that President Monson gave on Gratitude, and it's totally perfect for not only the season, but just helping us all come closer to Christ and our Heavenly Father by recognizing our blessings. :)
 
Wow, it was a crazy week here in Monahans and the TLM!
1- It's been getting cold here at night which reminds me a lot of walking home from class when I was at BYU!
2- The weather has been so CRAZY! It was really warm when the Sisters from Midland came to do exchanges with us (I got a little tan, becasue I was out knocking and walking alot!) -- it was over 80 degrees on Wednesday, and then by Friday night it was down to 30!
3- Almost the entire mission was grounded yesterday because of the weather! It was weird being inside all day, and not being able to make it to church (because the roads were REALLY icey), but it's good to know that everyone is safe, and that we were able to get out today! :D
     - also I was able to hone my baking skills again since we had time and I made some yummy bread! :D
4- Also, I got an awesome birthday package in the mail just in time for the cold weather! I bundled up with a really classy sweater from my mom and dad, and enjoyed some peanut butter from my aunt :) (I think I've now consumed more peanut butter on my mission than I have through my whole life previous to being set apart! :P) It was really awesome, and I laughed when I saw the hot cheetos becasue Sister Rose said "Hey you can lose 30 lbs with the hot cheeto diet!" (from the lady we met last week! :P)
 
Some new fun facts about Texas:
1- DRIVE THROUGH CONVENIENCE STORES! There's one down the street from our apartments that advertises "Beer, bread, milk and cigarettes!" ... it's a good thought :P
2- People are still surprised to see missionaries not on bikes! Last monday night we were walking into the dollar store, and I stopped to give a woman a card, and she was like:
"wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! .... something is wrong here!"
I thought to myself... uh oh...
"Where's your bike!?!"
and then we both lauged, and hopefully we'll see eachother again sometime, she had to go really quick :)
 
But yeah, awesome things are happening! :D
 
We saw so many miracles this week! Since we were on exchanges we were able to do 3x the work for a day (becasue we had some extra missionaries) and we knocked on these apartments that we found accidentally about 3 weeks ago, and we all said simultaneously: "We should knock here!" It was definately inspired because we found some AMAZING people there, and we were able to set up some appointments with 3 families! :D
 
Also, we found miracles with some former investigators this week. We went back to some people that had talked with missionaries here before, and usually they aren't super jazzed to see us again, but we got 4 return appointments with families/couples, so it was really great! :D
 
Grattitude was definately the theme of the week! I'm grateful for the simplicity to be found in the gospel, and how, when we choose to be obedient to God's commandments, we show our grattitude and understanding that His way is going to bring us most happiness, even if we don't immediately see it. :) God is so good, and I know that we need to take every opportunity we have to look for His hand in our lives, especailly when it is so evident around this time of year! :D
 
I am so grateful to be in the Lord's service, and I am so grateful for my family, and their understanding even though I am far away from them right now. I love the Lord, and I know He is blessing each and every one of us, no matter how dark or bright our lives seem, we always need to go to Him, and give Him thanks and praise!
Alma 34:38!
 
All my love,
Sister Heather Ann Lagrosa
 
Pictures:
1- Pumpkin Waffels!
2- Pumpkin Bread! (no yeast=FAST baking!)
3- Homemade whole wheat bread! :D
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment