Thursday, May 22, 2014

Chapter 9: Heavenly Father Knows What's Up! - May 19, 2014

Howdy howdy family and friends!
 
So transfer calls happened again, buuuuut first thing I've gotta say is:
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACY!!!
I wouldn't be out here without you inviting me to know truth for myself friend! You are amazing, and I'm getting there ;)
 
Haha, okay, everyone knows that I know I too am amazing, which is why I'm starting off (secondly) with this quote by Marianne Williamson:
"Out deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our won fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
 
I've been learning A LOT about humility and faith this past year (and let's be honest, my ENTIRE life) but I've been able to actually see it more tangibly this past year... Something I hope to always be able to say is "I didn't know it was possible to love more!"... or to have more faith, or happiness... because I know when I feel full, or stretched, through trials or blessings from my trials of faith, I know without doubt that I'm coming closer to who Heavenly Father knows I can be.
 
And with that, the transfer news!
So we had some surprises this week... I got my 13th companion for a few days this weekend, and I got to serve in my old area (Midland 3rd ward) again! Sister Archibald is awesome, and it was neat to see that there were some people who I had met 7 months ago who are now baptized and active members of the church! The Lord's timing is so great! And we got to have another 6 hours of church on Sunday!
 
All this serving in 2 areas, and having 4 new companions craziness this transfer prepared me for my call, because, even though I'm staying here in Midland (and frowny face both Sisters Archibald and Kramer are leaving) I'm going to be serving in both Midland 1st Ward and the Young Single Adult (YSA) branch here! So, I've got 5 hours of church to look forward to every week (the times overlap), and I'm actually going to be reunited with my first companion in the field THE Sister Hoover! We'll be hitting our year mark together, but right now I'm at 5 moves, 7 areas, 11 months, 13 companions... lots of awesome prime numbers lol.
 

Sister Archibald, Kramer & Lagrosa
(We stayed up late waiting for our calls)
 
God is good! The Church is true! Being a missionary is the BEST... even though it's hard and crazy unpredictable, be we always have a good time, and we are indeed happy in the Lord's service!
 
Oh, and hey, I can almost do the splits!
(Don't let the smile deceive you... it's a little painful) :P
 
All my heart,
Sister Heather Ann Lagrosa

No comments:

Post a Comment