Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Sister Kramer: A Boss - May 5, 2014

Oh wow,

So the craziness has settled a LOT, and life got back to missionary normal this week! My new companion is Sister Kramer!! (I went from my 9th companion to my 12th companion in the last month! That's crazy! But it's awesome) It's wonderful to look back and really see how everything came together, and how things ended up with both of us here.
We're going to be doing a LOT of knocking this transfer, but Sister Kramer was trained here, so she knows the ward at least a little bit better than I do, and we're going to be just increasing the missionary-work excitement that's already going on here. It's nice to have just one ward to keep track of haha. Also, as the title of this e-mail indicates, Sister Kramer, is indeed a boss missionary, I don't think I've ever had so much fun while knocking, and 99% of people don't want to talk to us... but we know we are here for a reason, and we're finding our purpose together. :)
 
(We switched glasses for a little so funny! Also, notice the tan line. Yeah, you can be impressed :P)
 
Oh man, what else what else? Well, we are teaching an amazing woman named Tanya who Sister Kramer actually found when she was first here, I'll tell you more next week! We're excited!
 
All I can say is that life is really good, and I've never been more excited to be a missionary. Something that is really amazing that's settled in this past couple weeks... I understood with my head before, but not completely in my heart, that I really need to give all of myself to everyone that we have the privilege of speaking with, because I'm on very limited, borrowed time out here! So even if we talk to someone who is just not interested, or doesn't like us, before we walk up to the next door, or talk to the next person we see, I get the opportunity to refocus and actually see that person as a child of God, and remember how much He loves them, and wants them to know about the restored gospel.
 
1 Corinthinans 2:9-13 ( https://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/1-cor/2?lang=eng )have been really inspirational for me, because I know that it's not just the words that I speak, but the Spirit, the intention and the love that I get to speak with. The only way to know of spiritual things is spiritually! And I'm glad I've been able to cross that intellectual-spiritual knowledge gap the past couple weeks, because I feel very, very blessed to be out here doing His work, for His children, on His time.
 
I love you each so much! I wish I could e-mail my heart to show you how it feels! Have an amazing week, and don't forget to do something wonderful for your moms!
 
All my heart,
Sister Heather Ann Lagrosa
1- Me and Sister Kramer in our matching Plan of Salvation shirts!
2- my 3-week trio companionship on Easter. <3
3- This cat followed us home after working out twice this week!
Share
3 Attachments


No comments:

Post a Comment