Thursday, August 14, 2014

Chapter 11: Back to the Boonies! - August 11, 2014

Howdy Howdy family and friends!

Soooo, it's that time again, and transfer calls came this weekend. I'll be headed out of Midland, and I'm going all the way up to the panhandle of Texas! I'm really sad to leave, mainly because I've spent 6 months of my mission and I've had half of my areas here in Midland! But, there are no endings, only great eternal beginnings :)

But my new area is a little town (about the size of Monahans) called Childress, and my new companion is Sister Carroll! I've never met her, but I'm excited for the work we're going to be doing together! :D

I came up with some more numbers to map out a little bit of my mission, get excited. :P
I've served in 1 district (The Ft. Stockton District)
With 2 mission presidents (and 2 states! :P)
In 3 stakes, 4 zones, 5 towns, 6 mailing addresses, 7 moves, 8 areas, 11 transfers, and 14 companions... oh and 435ish ounces of peanut butter :P (I'm missing some numbers though haha)

Anyway, we had quite the week, it was busy, busy, with a few surprises!
We had district meeting outside, and dodged some of the sprinklers that were watering parts of the pavilion.

found this awesome street sign during our 16 miles on bike day!
(it is Stellar!)


And one of the members in YSA wore her Zebra pjs to FHE (notice the tail) :P It was a good excuse to get a picture since I'm leaving :P

But yeah, missionary work is always fun and exciting!


It'll be weird going back to just 3 hours of church a week! But that'll be good. I got to bear my testimony this week in 1st ward and it was really amazing. I've been here awhile, so I don't know why my heart was pounding, there are a lot of new families that have moved in the past couple of months, so there were some new faces, but I talked mainly about faith, and how miracles are a direct result of having that hope for things that we can't see, but we know they are true... I bore testimony that I've witnessed many miracles the past 18 weeks I've been here, and the fact that I even spent 18 straight weeks in the same ward is a miracle haha, but it was good. I never did think I'd learn solidarity as a missionary, but it makes sense I guess I think about how being out here is really just edifying and re-edifying my faith, helping me to create and secure habits I'll be taking with me for the rest of my life! It's amazing being out here, it really is, and I love how we really learn and are built over time, as we look back we can see it, and as we look forward we can hope for it as well!

The gospel really is the good news, it gives meaning to everything in life, and I know that is truly amazing. I got a letter this week reminding me of something I used to say all the time: God is great, life is good, and people are crazy, just as they should be! :) That made me really happy, because, well, it's true haha, and also, it's comforting to know we're not alone sometimes. There's a lot we each can do.

I love you all, and I hope this week you find peace and love, more fully and deeply.

and some words from the prophets :)
Alma 37:46-47 "...so was [the way] prepared for [our fathers], that if they would look they might life; even so it is with us. The way is prepared, and if we will look we may live forever. And now, my son, see that ye take care of these sacred things, yea, see that ye look to God and live. Go unto this people and declare the word, and be sober. My son, farewell."

With all of my heart,
Sister Heather Ann Lagrosa

No comments:

Post a Comment