Wednesday, August 6, 2014

"Ask the missionari​es! They can help you." - August 4, 2014

Howdy Howdy family and friends!

I feel like this week has gone by so fast!!! We had a LOT happen this past week, I just can't remember it all, haha, I spent some time in Odessa on exchanges, with my Sister-- Sister Brown (she's brown, I'm brown, get it? :P) Haha, but yeah, it was a good time, and it was neat to work in someone else's area again, I've been in Midland for a LONG TIME! 
Not that I don't love it ;) Midland is so much fun, and I absolutely LOVE working in first ward, and with the YSA branch, we have truly been blessed!
We took some awkward District pictures, which is always a good time!
And we worked, HARD, this week! Not many people were outside, or interested in talking to us, but we still had a good time ,and made missionary work fun! :D

We've been working a lot with the members lately, getting them pumped up for the work, and I think the Lord used us this week to comfort some of those members who needed a little extra boost, I love it when you end up right where you need to be.

In the FHE lesson with the YSA's we talked about family, and it amazed me that we have quite a few members in the branch who are the only members in their families. And we also talked about how our ward/branch/congregation is our extended family, really and truly! That's why we call each other brother and sister! :)

But it was really good, and having that on my mind carrying over to this morning, at the baptism of the Robert's family (well, the dad and youngest daughter, their oldest girl was baptized a few months ago, and their mom will be baptized in the next few months too hopefully! :D), but I'm glad we got to go, even on p-day because it was really special, and the Spirit there was so strong. And family is really what the gospel is all about, it brings us closer to our families, and through God's Priesthood authority, we can be sealed together forever. That's pretty amazing, and the joy that that knowledge alone has changed that family, they've acted on their faith, and are taking steps forward to return together to live with Heavenly Father again.

Also, Elder Benbrook gave a little lesson while everyone was changing, and he gave me a new way to understand authority, he described it like this: You're speeding and a well-meaning ice-cream truck pulls you over to write you a ticket, you're not going to take it, he doesn't know anything! But if a ​lawyer pulls you over to write you a ticket, he knows the law, he wants you to be safe, but still no authority, so you wouldn't take the ticket! But if a state trooper pulled you over, he has the authority, so you have to pay that ticket! It was pretty cool, somehow it made things make more sense in my brain too. :)

Anyway I love you all! Stay classy, and don't speed! ;)

With all my heart,
Sister Heather Ann Lagrosa

p.s.
Sister Hoover and I are kind of like an old married couple, as we've been together so long, we love and annoy each other all the time, her allergies are crazy, so she's always got tissues on her, my back hurts all the time, so I walk funny sometimes, haha but we still manage to have some fun. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment