Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Oh Sweet, Sweet Childress! - August 18, 2014

Howdy howdy family and friends! 

So, quick housekeeping item, the mission office can't forward our mail anymore, so you're going to have to send letters & packages, directly to me! So for anyone who's down for that my new address is: 
 
Sister Heather Ann Lagrosa
1305 Ave E NW 
Childress, TX 79201

Okay, now that the boring stuff is out of the way! CHILDRESS IS SOOOOO AMAZING!!! Except for the layout, it's set up like the 4 quadrants of a graph, there's Ave (Letters) going N and S on the Y Axis, and Numbered Streets going E and W on the X axis, so every address has an exact same address 3 other times! (So there's always a NW, NE, SW, or SE on every street address!) Craziness right?? But, it makes it pretty simple to get around, and no one even pays attention to addresses here, they all know landmarks lol! This cute little town is so amazing, it's a LOT bigger than I thought too, and I'm not going to lie, it's nice to be back in the country again -- we even cover some towns that don't even show up on the GPS!! 

It was a crazy time getting here (because the other Sister who left accidentally swiped the phone!) but we took a 2 1/2 hour detour to Amarillo, and we got a temporary one for a little). Sister Carroll is SO AMAZING! No other words to explain it! :P She's just out of training, and she is a fireball! We are having so much fun, and the work here is going SO well!! I don't know if I've ever fallen in love with a place so fast. I'm actually starting to talk a little funny now, in no other place I've served, have I been around so many people with their Texan accents! "Do what" "Fixin'" and drawled out vowels are saturating my vocabulary now! :P

Wow, so I don't even know what to say! The work here is going great! The little branch here, is fixin' to be a ward, it's growing a lot, and we have members coming out with us every day, and introducing us to their friends and family, and there is just such a good Spirit here in this town! It was weird going to only 3 hours of church on Sunday, but we had three investigators come who had never been before, and it was very spiritually uplifting. :)

My favorite part of last week was when we had a lesson outside in the tall grass, behind a trailer, looking over a field! It reminded me a little of Dexter (my first area), but it was also, just so peaceful, the Spirit was so strong, while we taught the plan of Salvation, I love it when the Spirit speaks more than we do in lessons. :)

Life is truly, truly amazing! The Lord's work is incredible, and I am awe-struck by everything I'm learning out here!! I barely have a second to take it all in!!!

I love you all!

With all of my heart,
Sister Heather Ann Lagrosa

Pictures!
1- Sister Carroll and I! :D We're pretty rad. 
2- We went fishing this morning!! 
3- We had a game with knocking numbered cups over with nerf guns and saying the 13 articles of faith. :D I'm getting them down! :P
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment