Tuesday, October 28, 2014

"Come Thou Fount" - October 27, 2014

Howdy Howdy Family and Friends!!

Wow, this week has really FLOWN by!!! We have really just had SO much happen!! I put my awesome boots to work on an actual farm this week! We had exchanges, and I was reunited with Sister Plante again, and I was humbled to lose the Oreo Contest to Sister Smith :P, we had a 2 hour drive in some wicked rain to Amarillo for interviews with President Heap, lots and lots of biking, and we got to go to the temple with Danny on Saturday! What an experience!! :D

I just feel so blessed to be here, to be working hard, and to be seeing with a little more clarity just how beautiful the Lord's hand is in my life. 
It is so humbling and so wonderful to be able to just feel so deeply the truth that the Spirit teaches us! :D

The highlights of the week definitely centered around our exchanges, interviews and then our temple trip.

Before exchanges we were able to help out the Wyatt's on their farm (they are the cutest old couple!) They are the ones who started the Childress branch two generations ago with primary (the children's class) in their living room!! Brother Wyatt is about 74 years old, and he's been clearing some mesquite trees off a few acres of land they have, and we went to help them out so we could bring some wood to some of the people of Childress :) It was fun to get those boots to work, and then take a little ride around the property on his tractor! :D

During exchanges, we biked all over Childress, and it was quite the experience, we've been teaching this amazing youth, Eric, who is just waiting on some time to pass before he can be baptized, and we were with him, and his best friend, Richard, sat down with us, and he is about 14 years old, and has lost his faith in God... and for being here in the south, that's kind of a big deal. It was amazing to listen to his questions, and see what stuck out to him in what we were reading with Eric, and notice the parallels that stuck out to me when I was learning from the missionaries. I don't think I had nearly the intelligence in the questions he spoke, but something that stood out to him was in  Alma 13:28 when we were talking about repentance: "...ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit..." I love that Richard's spirit recognized that he really isn't alone, and it stood out to him that he could not be tempted above that which he could bear. That stuck out to me too, even before my faith ignited, how could I have been able to bear all the sorrows of the world? Well, the good news is we don't have to, not by ourselves anyway, we have a Savior, and He helps us through every single step!

Interview were great! I realized even deeper something we all already knew, I'm a little crazy :P haha but it's good. After the interview, Wednesday evening, I had an experience like the people of King Benjamin in Mosiah 4, as they viewed themselves in their own carnal state, even as less than the dust of the earth... whew, was that an experience, it's true what Ether wrote in chapter 12 verse 27 that if we come unto Christ we will be shown our weaknesses. And now, my testimony is even greater that the Atonement is real, and is truly for us to use, we just need to learn how to... and it's not something you learn from a book, you experience it, you really do get to experience conversion while gaining an understanding of the Savior.

And to top off the entire week, we went to the temple with Danny and it was amazing!! We were able to help him with his genealogy a little, and we were able to do some of the work for his family! :) It was an amazing experience, and I kind of feel like a proud mom haha! The cherry on top of the icing on the cake was that when we were in Lubbock, I was able to see some of the members from Midland, and Hobbs! 

This entire week was just an incredible experience, and I know that Heavenly Father's timing is perfect, I'm grateful for the Lord's hand in my life, and I'm grateful for the relationships we are able to forge and edify while we are here on this earth. His love is real, the way is perfect, and we get to grow a little more each day.What more could we ask for in life? 
:)

With all my heart,
Sister Heather Ann Lagrosa

Pictures:
1- Danny-boy and his two spirit moms at the temple! :D
2- Me and Brother Wyatt cruising after clearing some mesquite trees! 
3- Exchanges = Oreo Contest... I lost.. TWICE! :( haha
4- The SPIDERS are bigger in Texas! :P Found this little guy... (the size of the palm of my hand!!) while we were hauling wood and clearing brush on the farm. :)
4 Attachments



No comments:

Post a Comment